picture via me 5/7/13
Yesterday I made a pretty delicious dinner.
It was a crock pot though, so does that really count?
Brand and I can count on one hand the number of times we’ve made a crock pot for dinner.
I think including this one it’s only been three times.
Every time we are deliciously surprised at how good they turn out and some how we always say
“Wow, we should use the crock pot more often.”
I don’t know why we don’t, it might just be the easiest way to make dinner.
So, I am vowing to make a crock pot dinner once a week and share with you the recipe.
How do you like those beans?!
Lets get down to this week’s recipe.
6 boneless chicken breasts
2 cans of condensed cream of chicken
1 can of condensed cream of cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Lightly spray Pam in the crock pot so the food doesn’t stick once it is done cooking. Then add a teaspoon sized scoop of butter to the crock pot.
2. Turn the crock pot on LOW heat.
3. Place the chicken in the crock pot, (make sure the chicken is not frozen, if it is frozen you will need to cook it for a longer period of time. Also, I only used 3 chickens but everything else was the same.)
3. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on each side of the chicken.
5. Mix the condensed cream of chicken and condensed cream of cheddar cheese in a separate mixing bowl and then add it to the crock pot where you already have the chicken. When you place it in the crock pot make sure it covers the chicken so that it doesn’t get dry.
6. Cover the crock pot with your lid and set the timer for 6 hours or until the chicken is tender.
Throughout the 6 hours I drizzled the condensed cream of chicken and condensed cream of cheddar cheese over the chicken. I wanted to make sure that the chicken wasn’t dry.
Now for the rice.
I made this about 20 minutes before I was ready to serve dinner. If you find that your chicken is too hot you can always set it on the “warm” temperature.
1 cup rice
2 cups water
1 teaspoon butter
1. Put 2 cups water into a saucepan, add some salt and bring water to a boil.
2. Add 1 cup of rice to the boiling water and also add the teaspoon.
3. Mix everything together until the rice is soft and fluffy, or until it has absorbed all the water.
Serve rice and chicken together.