Spring has sprung in Phoenix, and we are all loving the weather here. With the warmer more cool weather comes the time to enjoy being outside, and the time to enjoy some nice cold healthy homemade treats. When Hazel first saw this popsicle mold she was anxious to use them and kept asking me if we could make popsicles. At first, I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to find a good recipe and consistency that would work. But, we’ve found a new favorite flavor and are excited to share it with you.
Healthy Homemade Strawberry Bannana Popsicles
A Ripe Banana
Apple Juice – sugar-free
1. Mash the ripe (peeled) banana with a fork.
2. Cut strawberries.
3. Mash and mix strawberries and bananas together.
4. Place strawberry banana mixture into popsicle mold, fill it up three-fourths of the way.
5. Spoon in apple juice until it is just below the top part of the mold cavern.
6. Place popsicle handles into the molds, and place popsicle mold into the freezer.
7. It should take about 5 hours to freeze to a soft mold. (If you are looking for a hard popsicle mold you may need to let the popsicle mold stay in the freezer overnight.)
I have so many good things to say about these popsicle molds. Two of my favorites of which are the handle and the base of the popsicle stick. The handle is perfect for Hazel’s little hands to hold, she never had a problem picking the popsicle up and never dropped them because they are so perfect for her little hands. I also love the curved base of the popsicle stick. None of the popsicles fell on the ground and there were no drips, except for inside the little base area where it’s meant to be caught. I also love that we can make our own popsicles recipe. We can control what goes inside them, and decide how much sugar we want our little ones to eat. There is nothing better than a healthy homemade popsicle that you child loves to eat!
I also love these because they are reusable, you’re not wasting paper, or popsicle sticks, it’s helping reduce unnecessary waste, which makes it an even better product.
If your child isn’t quite as old as Hazel, you could always use this popsicle mold for your teething baby. Puree your baby’s favorite food, or just scoop some baby food into the molds. It’s perfectly simple and will surely help ease your little one’s teething pain.
I received this product for review, but all opinions and words are my own.