Now that school is over I will have some free time on my hands, so I thought it would be a brilliant idea to start the book club back up again.
In thinking about which book to read I thought I would pick the first one and then give everyone a chance to put their two cents in when picking the next ones.
So, this month we will be reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
One: this week I purchased a copy of the trilogy set, not by choice… kind of a long story so I want to actually read the books.
Two: the movie is coming out in November and everyone always says the books are better so I want to read it now before school starts in August because I know I wont have time.
So, for this book we are going to take about a month to read, because I know we all still have busy lives.
We start today May 7th and the review post/linky will show up on June 5th.
How does that sound?
(If it turns out to be a pretty fast read then we can always change the review date, I’ll keep you posted on twitter.)
You can purchase the book at Barnes & Noble Bookstore or rent it from your local library.
Also, if you have any good ideas for next month’s book reads let me know.
I’d love to gather a good possible book list for the month of June.
Below are some of the discussion questions that might be fun to answer and reflect on when we do the linky party. I will be answering a few of them for myself!
1. How quickly did you read Catching Fire?
2. Why do you think the courage of a teenager can/cannot make an impact on society?
3. Did your perception of Peeta change over the course of the book?
4. Why do you think fire is an appropriate symbol for Katniss?
5. Do you think the glamorization of the Games and treatment of its stars before they are sent off to die is a reflection of anything in our modern society?
6. What was the most tension-filled moment for you to read in the book?
7. Rate Catching Fire 1 to 5, with 5 being an amazing read.
Hope you join along!!
Also, if you would like to co-host the linky with me and the book club as well send me an email to alyssadawsonblog [at] gmail [dot] com.