Around these parts Valentine’s Day is just another day. We don’t do much, typically we just do dinner or lunch depending on if we want to wait in huge lines or not. It’s always hard to do special things when you have such a small budget like we do. But, I thought it might be fun to actually try this year.
I’ve been searching online for some fun ideas so with out further adieu:
1. Have a night in – This potentially could be one of the cheapest ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Plan dinner for two, cook him his favorite dinner or try something special. You could do a three course meal or just do a main course and dessert. Your meal could correspond with the Valentine’s Day theme. For example you could make hamburgers and shape the patties into a heart, you could also find Valentine’s Day bowls (at dollartree or the 99 cent store) preferably in the shape of a heart of course. Don’t forget the chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! After planning your meal find some fun games to play. I’ve found this great website that has a list of two player games, check it out here.
2. Go out to dinner – If you do this see if your restaurant takes reservations. Not many restaurants do, especially on Valentine’s Day, but it’s always good to check. Make sure you bring games to play while you wait it will make the time go by much faster! Some games you can play could be games on your phone, but you could always bring a fun card game to play as well!
3. Make it a picnic dinner – This is similar to the first idea, and if it’s snowing you will just have to make it an inside picnic. Gather your picnic basket, and main picnic essentials and head out for some fun. Bring some heart confetti to spread out on your picnic blanket to set the theme.
4. Don’t stay in one place – Hop around. That place you go to every weekend has gotten boring and there is a new place that you’ve been dying to try because everyone you know loves it. Head over to the new place everyone has been buzzing about, then check out that cupcake shop that you’ve always wanted to try but haven’t and finish your night at a local karaoke bar, it’s Valentine’s Day, there is bound to be one somewhere. Order virgin drinks and enjoy watching everyone sin.
5. People watch – Valentine’s Day is one of the best days to people watch. Come up with different “lifes” for each couple you see, get dramatic about it. Like, “that couple over there is on their first date and they guy is from the CIA but, he is a mediocre agent because he has no idea that she is a Russian spy sent to kill him. She is supposed to drag out the relationship and learn about his family, sooner or later they will fall in love and move to Australia.” These kinds of dates are the best because it can really bring out his creative side. It’s also fun to think about other people’s lives, well I guess for me it is.
I hope you all have a fabulous Valentines Day!