As you know Brand and I have been quite the chef’s lately! Well, I guess Brand has been the instigator, he is seriously getting into this whole cooking thing. Honestly, I don’t mind because that just means one less thing for me to cook and one more thing for me to blog about! haha! (Is it bad that I’m always thinking about that?) I wanted to share with you my five favorite recipes that I’ve tried over the past year through pinterest and through other references.
(Oh, and p.s. I’m a picky eater so trust me on these!!)
1. Chicken Cordon Blue – (recipe found here) I like this recipe because it’s delicious and it’s an easy make. Just think about that creamy warm swiss cheese, chicken, ham, rice, cream of chicken soup, etc. all coming together to make this wonderful dish, did I put you in a daze?! Anyways, it’s a really good recipe, super easy to make and served between 6-8 people.
2. Whoopie Pies – (recipe found here) If you haven’t heard of whoopie pies I think you might be hiding under a rock. This is one of my favorite desserts/snacks. It’s the perfect mix of cookie and cream mixed into one. I like trying new cake mixes like red velvet and I think this fall I’m going to try a pumpkin spice mix!
3. Sweat Pea Risotto – (recipe found here) Last week was our first time trying risotto and it really was great! It had that creamy Italian dish feel to it and it made a really great side dish, but it would be great by itself.
4. Cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken – Recipe: 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted), 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup (undiluted), chopped fresh parsley. Place 3 chicken brests in crock pot. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Repeat with remaining 3 brests and seasonings. Combine soups in medium bowl; pout over chicken. Cover, cook on low 6-8 house or until chicken is tender. Garnish with parsley, if desired. (Makes 6 servings). (Crock-Pot 5 ingredients or Less p. 66). This was a great dish to come home from church to. I’m telling you, the house smelled delicious and the dish was delicious!
5. Honeybun Cake – (recipe found here) The perfect mix of cinnamon bun and cake that you will ever try. This could be breakfast, lunch or dinner and it’s perfect for the fall season.
Have you ever tried any of these? If so what one is your favorite?